Christian Words Of Comfort #2 10 Comforting Verses When You Feel Sadness. Scripture . Pictures Collection
ChristianChris•tian (kris′chən),USA pronunciation adj.
- of, pertaining to, or derived from Jesus Christ or His teachings: a Christian faith.
- of, pertaining to, believing in, or belonging to the religion based on the teachings of Jesus Christ: Spain is a Christian country.
- of or pertaining to Christians: many Christian deaths in the Crusades.
- exhibiting a spirit proper to a follower of Jesus Christ;
Christlike: She displayed true Christian charity.
respectable: They gave him a good Christian burial.
humane: Such behavior isn't Christian.
- a person who believes in Jesus Christ;
adherent of Christianity.
- a person who exemplifies in his or her life the teachings of Christ: He died like a true Christian.
- a member of any of certain Protestant churches, as the Disciples of Christ and the Plymouth Brethren.
- the hero of Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress.
- a male given name.
Wordsword (wûrd),USA pronunciation n.
- a unit of language, consisting of one or more spoken sounds or their written representation, that functions as a principal carrier of meaning. Words are composed of one or more morphemes and are either the smallest units susceptible of independent use or consist of two or three such units combined under certain linking conditions, as with the loss of primary accent that distinguishes black′bird′ from black′ bird′. Words are usually separated by spaces in writing, and are distinguished phonologically, as by accent, in many languages.
- speech or talk: to express one's emotion in words; Words mean little when action is called for.
- the text or lyrics of a song as distinguished from the music.
- contentious or angry speech;
a quarrel: We had words and she walked out on me.
- a short talk or conversation: Marston, I'd like a word with you.
- an expression or utterance: a word of warning.
- warrant, assurance, or promise: I give you my word I'll be there.
information: We received word of his death.
- a verbal signal, as a password, watchword, or countersign.
- an authoritative utterance, or command: His word was law.
- Also called machine word. a string of bits, characters, or bytes treated as a single entity by a computer, particularly for numeric purposes.
- (cap.) Also called the Word, the Word of God.
- the Scriptures;
- the Logos.
- the message of the gospel of Christ.
- a proverb or motto.
- at a word, in immediate response to an order or request;
in an instant: At a word they came to take the situation in hand.
- be as good as one's word, to hold to one's promises.
- eat one's words, to retract one's statement, esp. with humility: They predicted his failure, but he made them eat their words.
- have a word, to talk briefly: Tell your aunt that I would like to have a word with her.
- have no words for, to be unable to describe: She had no words for the sights she had witnessed.
- in a word, in summary;
in short: In a word, there was no comparison.Also, in one word.
- in so many words, in unequivocal terms;
explicitly: She told them in so many words to get out.
- keep one's word, to fulfill one's promise: I said I'd meet the deadline, and I kept my word.
- man of his word or woman of her word, a person who can be trusted to keep a promise;
a reliable person.
- of few words, laconic;
taciturn: a woman of few words but of profound thoughts.
- of many words, talkative;
wordy: a person of many words but of little wit.
- put in a good word for, to speak favorably of;
commend: He put in a good word for her with the boss.Also, put in a word for.
- take one at one's word, to take a statement to be literal and true.
- take the words out of one's mouth, to say exactly what another person was about to say.
- weigh one's words, to choose one's words carefully in speaking or writing: It was an important message, and he was weighing his words.
- to express in words;
select words to express;
phrase: to word a contract with great care.
- my word! or upon my word! (used as an exclamation of surprise or astonishment.)
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
Comfortcom•fort (kum′fərt),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to soothe, console, or reassure;
bring cheer to: They tried to comfort her after her loss.
- to make physically comfortable.
- [Obs.]to aid;
support or encourage.
- relief in affliction;
solace: Her presence was a comfort to him.
- a feeling of relief or consolation: Her forgiveness afforded him great comfort.
- a person or thing that gives consolation: She was a great comfort to him.
- a cause or matter of relief or satisfaction: The patient's recovery was a comfort to the doctor.
- a state of ease and satisfaction of bodily wants, with freedom from pain and anxiety: He is a man who enjoys his comfort.
- something that promotes such a state: His wealth allows him to enjoy a high degree of comfort.
- [Chiefly Midland and Southern U.S.]a comforter or quilt.
- [Obs.]strengthening aid;
Comfortingcom•fort•ing (kum′fər ting),USA pronunciation adj.
- affording comfort or solace.
Whenwhen (hwen, wen; unstressed hwən, wən),USA pronunciation adv.
- at what time or period? how long ago? how soon?: When are they to arrive? When did the Roman Empire exist?
- under what circumstances? upon what occasion?: When is a letter of condolence in order? When did you ever see such a crowd?
- at what time: to know when to be silent.
- at the time or in the event that: when we were young; when the noise stops.
- at any time;
whenever: He is impatient when he is kept waiting.
- upon or after which;
and then: We had just fallen asleep when the bell rang.
- while on the contrary;
whereas: Why are you here when you should be in school?
- what time: Till when is the store open?
- which time: They left on Monday, since when we have heard nothing.
- the time of anything: the when and the where of an act.
Youyou (yo̅o̅; unstressed yŏŏ, yə),USA pronunciation pron., poss. your or yours, obj. you, pl. you;
n., pl. yous.
- the pronoun of the second person singular or plural, used of the person or persons being addressed, in the nominative or objective case: You are the highest bidder. It is you who are to blame. We can't help you. This package came for you. Did she give you the book?
people in general: a tiny animal you can't even see.
- (used in apposition with the subject of a sentence, sometimes repeated for emphasis following the subject): You children pay attention. You rascal, you!
- [Informal.](used in place of the pronoun your before a gerund): There's no sense in you getting upset.
yourselves: Get you home. Make you ready.
- a pl. form of the pronoun ye.
- something or someone closely identified with or resembling the person addressed: Don't buy the bright red shirt—it just isn't you. It was like seeing another you.
- the nature or character of the person addressed: Try to discover the hidden you.
Hi , this photo is about Christian Words Of Comfort #2 10 Comforting Verses When You Feel Sadness. Scripture .. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 522 x 695. It's file size is only 52 KB. If You want to download This image to Your computer, you might Click here. You may also see more images by clicking the picture below or read more at this post: Christian Words Of Comfort.
Assessment of Large Note Sculpture by Width place. The purpose remains a similar thing using the level that is next: someone to be much in taking a look at the sculpture, more versatile. In cases like this, the exact distance between the room's statue, ascertain the maximum limit sculpture that is superior. For instance, if the range involving the statue using a terrace merely 3 meters away, an attempt so that no more than only one meter sculpture that is high.
Christian Words Of Comfort #2 10 Comforting Verses When You Feel Sadness. Scripture . is rich with designs including the statue is definitely a component that can sort the style that is classic inside and outside the chamber, is not any exception to garden. The location of statue within the playground was actually emblematic and it is typically only made from rock. But along with the development of modern statue, then a works of sculpture becomes progressively diversified, both the design as well as the materials used with all the progress of engineering and innovation of fresh components, including white concrete in point.
Adjust how big is the statue's placement by Site. A little sculpture might be positioned in involving the plants or around the edge of the footpath garden. Meanwhile, statues that were bigger could be put in even the heart of the park or the spot
More Designs of Christian Words Of Comfort #2 10 Comforting Verses When You Feel Sadness. Scripture .
- Best Putting Mats
- Jquery Data Table
- Ebay Roof Rack
- Blackout Curtains Short
- Elves On The Shelf Ideas
- Kitchen Desk Chair
- Elves On The Shelf Ideas
- Comfortable Underwear For Men
- Advanced Interiors Inc
- 50th Birthday Decorations For Her
- Best Memory Foam Pillow For Stomach Sleepers
- Blue Ridge Mountains Nc Cabin Rentals
- Keter Lounge Shed
- Digital Blinds
- Norfolk Plumbing