Neuroanatomy An Atlas Of Structures Sections And Systems #5 SlideShare
Neuroanatomyneu•ro•a•nat•o•my (nŏŏr′ō ə nat′ə mē, nyŏŏr′-),USA pronunciation n., pl. -mies.
- the branch of anatomy dealing with the nervous system.
- the nerve structure of an organism.
Anan1 (ən; when stressed an),USA pronunciation indefinite article.
- the form of a before an initial vowel sound (an arch;
an honor) and sometimes, esp. in British English, before an initial unstressed syllable beginning with a silent or weakly pronounced h: an historian.
Atlasat•las (at′ləs),USA pronunciation n., pl. at•las•es for 1–3, at•lan•tes (at lan′tēz)USA pronunciation for 5.
- a bound collection of maps.
- a bound volume of charts, plates, or tables illustrating any subject.
- the first cervical vertebra, which supports the head.
- a size of drawing or writing paper, 26 × 34 or 33 inches.
- Also called telamon. a sculptural figure of a man used as a column. Cf. caryatid.
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
Structuresstruc•ture (struk′chər),USA pronunciation n., v., -tured, -tur•ing.
- mode of building, construction, or organization;
arrangement of parts, elements, or constituents: a pyramidal structure.
- something built or constructed, as a building, bridge, or dam.
- a complex system considered from the point of view of the whole rather than of any single part: the structure of modern science.
- anything composed of parts arranged together in some way;
- the relationship or organization of the component parts of a work of art or literature: the structure of a poem.
- [Biol.]mode of organization;
construction and arrangement of tissues, parts, or organs.
- the attitude of a bed or stratum or of beds or strata of sedimentary rocks, as indicated by the dip and strike.
- the coarser composition of a rock, as contrasted with its texture.
- [Chem.]the manner in which atoms in a molecule are joined to each other, esp. in organic chemistry where molecular arrangement is represented by a diagram or model.
- the system or complex of beliefs held by members of a social group.
- the system of relations between the constituent groups of a society.
- the relationship between or the interrelated arrangement of the social institutions of a society or culture, as of mores, marriage customs, or family.
- the pattern of relationships, as of status or friendship, existing among the members of a group or society.
- the pattern of organization of a language as a whole or of arrangements of linguistic units, as phonemes, morphemes or tagmemes, within larger units.
- to give a structure, organization, or arrangement to;
construct a systematic framework for.
Sectionssec•tion (sek′shən),USA pronunciation n.
- a part that is cut off or separated.
- a distinct part or subdivision of anything, as an object, country, community, class, or the like: the poor section of town; the left section of a drawer.
- a distinct part or subdivision of a writing, as of a newspaper, legal code, chapter, etc.: the financial section of a daily paper; section 2 of the bylaws.
- one of a number of parts that can be fitted together to make a whole: sections of a fishing rod.
- (in most of the U.S. west of Ohio) one of the 36 numbered subdivisions, each one square mile (2.59 sq. km or 640 acres), of a township.
- an act or instance of cutting;
separation by cutting.
- the making of an incision.
- an incision.
- a thin slice of a tissue, mineral, or the like, as for microscopic examination.
- a representation of an object as it would appear if cut by a plane, showing its internal structure.
- a small unit consisting of two or more squads.
- Also called staff section. any of the subdivisions of a staff.
- a small tactical division in naval and air units.
- a division of a sleeping car containing both an upper and a lower berth.
- a length of trackage, roadbed, signal equipment, etc., maintained by one crew.
- any of two or more trains, buses, or the like, running on the same route and schedule at the same time, one right behind the other, and considered as one unit, as when a second is necessary to accommodate more passengers than the first can carry: On holidays the New York to Boston train runs in three sections.
- a segment of a naturally segmented fruit, as of an orange or grapefruit.
- a division of an orchestra or band containing all the instruments of one class: a rhythm section.
- [Bookbinding.]signature (def. 8).
- Also called section mark. a mark used to indicate a subdivision of a book, chapter, or the like, or as a mark of reference to a footnote.
- [Theat.]one of a series of circuits for controlling certain lights, as footlights.
- shape (def. 12).
- to cut or divide into sections.
- to cut through so as to present a section.
- to make an incision.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Systemssys•tem (sis′təm),USA pronunciation n.
- an assemblage or combination of things or parts forming a complex or unitary whole: a mountain system; a railroad system.
- any assemblage or set of correlated members: a system of currency; a system of shorthand characters.
- an ordered and comprehensive assemblage of facts, principles, doctrines, or the like in a particular field of knowledge or thought: a system of philosophy.
- a coordinated body of methods or a scheme or plan of procedure;
organizational scheme: a system of government.
- any formulated, regular, or special method or plan of procedure: a system of marking, numbering, or measuring; a winning system at bridge.
- due method or orderly manner of arrangement or procedure: There is no system in his work.
- the world or universe.
- a number of heavenly bodies associated and acting together according to certain natural laws: the solar system.
- a hypothesis or theory of the disposition and arrangements of the heavenly bodies by which their phenomena, motions, changes, etc., are explained: the Ptolemaic system; the Copernican system.
- an assemblage of organs or related tissues concerned with the same function: the nervous system; the digestive system.
- the entire human or animal body considered as a functioning unit: an ingredient toxic to the system.
- one's psychological makeup, esp. with reference to desires or preoccupations: to get something out of one's system.
- a method or scheme of classification: the Linnean system of plants.
- (sometimes cap.) the prevailing structure or organization of society, business, or politics or of society in general;
establishment (usually prec. by the): to work within the system instead of trying to change it.
- a major division of rocks comprising sedimentary deposits and igneous masses formed during a single geologic period.
- [Physical Chem.]a combination of two or more phases, as a binary system, each of which consists of one or more substances, that is attaining or is in equilibrium.
- a working combination of hardware, software, and data communications devices.
- either of the two groups of 16 playing squares on four alternate columns.
Hi folks, this post is about Neuroanatomy An Atlas Of Structures Sections And Systems #5 SlideShare. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 630 x 892. It's file size is just 126 KB. If You want to save It to Your computer, you should Click here. You might also see more pictures by clicking the image below or see more at this article: Neuroanatomy An Atlas Of Structures Sections And Systems.
Everybody knows that color is one in making a layout that is beautiful bedroom of the most critical factors. Coloring can be a vital component for decorating remodeling or developing types, therefore deciding on the best shades have to be carefully considered. As stated in the last report, along with could thrust influence on discussion, belief and emotion.
Because of the importance of the big event of the bedroom, we should discuss the very best bedroom patterns. We must select the design and color that can make us realize peace of luxury and mind. Solace will be encouraged by a bedroom layout that in a chaotic evening. You'll discover with a place with excellent Neuroanatomy An Atlas Of Structures Sections And Systems colour can be a luxury in itself.
Thus, you need to pay specific interest in choosing the color that is right to your family bedrooms. The bed room is really a retreat where we sleep once we are drained, a location where we rest, tired of the everyday regimen, or maybe once we are ill. The bedroom will be the location where we desired study a favorite novel to be alone or just remain silent. Suites have to be a place that will produce us feel not uncomfortable.